Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dealing out Bribes

Sam says "The Doors" are probably dumb. I definately need to educate him. Of course, he still thinks Radio Disney is the thing to listen to. Not me, however.
I went to pick blueberries this morning at a local pick-your-own farm-- with my sister and her three kids, and one of mine. It was hot, crowded, and full of kids. Fortunately, only one of our crew was whining. We got six pounds of berries-- and I'm ready to go get more.
We must have timed things right, since it poured down once we got home.
I got a note today from a colleague about the local project-- Extreme School Makeover-- which is the way Independence will fix up the seven Kansas City schools it has annexed-- and a reminder that there are only 41 days until school starts again. Sam and I are duly depressed now. We both hate that thought. Summer ought to be about 120 days long--then we could get all our playing out. His last soccer game was a tie-- he has become a terrific goalie, making several saves in a row. His buddy KC is quite a good forward, and the two are a great team. They have another game this week, and a few more before the season ends.
I wish Sam would play soccer instead of football this fall. He wants to play tackle, which is so rough. His coach evidently thinks I don't know how to verify stats, since he told me statistically soccer is more violent than football, with more injuries. Nothing makes me madder than someone who thinks I'm stupid.
I told the kids that if they do their chores and get along, they can perhaps go to the Atcheson River Fest and see Miranda Lambwert and Blake Shelton. The odds of them getting along for ten days are slim, even if we're gone four to Omaha.

No comments: