Saturday, March 07, 2009

Blech. Grrr. Boo. Hiss.

I am in a funk. I don't want to preach tomorrow. Heck, I don't even want to darken the doors of my church tomorrow. I don't feel even nice toward the folks there today. No particular event has tainted my mood today-- it's been coming for the last week or so. I just don't feel like being nice, or sweet, or listening to others' problems, or anything else that is expected of me. I don't even feel like smiling, or getting out of bed. So, what to do. I have no idea. I guess I just go on, because after all it's what I get paid to do, as my hubby reminded me so sweetly.
If I could, I would walk in, tell all the people there what I really think about them and their lack of nice-ness, and leave. I even fantacize about them finding out they have to merge with some church that views them as the un-wanted step-sibling, and how certain individuals would be so crushed. And then I would say, "I told you so." But alas, it won't happen that way-- won't even probably have negative rammifications for them, no matter how mean and back-stabbing they are. I'm the one who will get the poop in the face, I'm sure. Because that's just how life works.

No comments: